Rewards and benefits
Our rewards and benefits
Certitude aspires to be the best social care employer in London. Find out more about what we offer our employees.
Click on one of the links below to find out more.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Certitude aspires to be the best social care employer in London, as recognised by colleagues, families and people we support. Having a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion is an important part of this aim.
Our diversity and inclusion vision:
- We work in diverse, multi-cultural communities in London and our workforce reflects this.
- Our vision is to do even better and continue to recruit, retain and develop a diverse, multi-cultural, multi-talented, agile workforce where we can all be confident enough to challenge discrimination and promote the rights of individuals.
- Certitude acts as a socially responsible provider and employer and we ensure our actions do not discriminate or disadvantage individuals, especially those with protected characteristics and/or those from particular socio-economic backgrounds.
What we're doing
We’re doing all we can to become a more diverse, inclusive place to work:
- We have a Diversity and Inclusion Steering Group that is responsible for delivering our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, with the support of Leadership Team champions.
- We want colleagues from across the organisation to help shape a fair and inclusive culture. That’s where our Intercultural, Disability and LGBTQ+ network groups come in. Members share their lived experience, have their voices heard and help us work towards a more diverse and inclusive Certitude.
- We attend events where people from across Certitude can celebrate being themselves, including London Pride.
- We have a consistently low gender pay gap across the organisation.
- We’re a Disability Confident Employer and a Mindful Employer.
“I choose to work with Certitude because it’s an organisation that promotes diversity and inclusion which is critical to enduring relationship among our staff and the people we support. Being able to build relationships with people of different backgrounds and orientations is really enjoyable. “
Financial rewards and benefits
In our quest to ensure that everyone has the right to a good life, we are always looking at ways we can improve how we reward people who work with us.
We work hard to ensure that we offer a package that is fair and competitive, supports your health and wellbeing and motivates and equips you to provide the best support you can.
We offer competitive rates of pay which are reviewed annually.
Our other financial rewards include:
Perkbox: Get thousands of deals and discounts, from money off your next mobile phone to discounts on your supermarket shop. Perkbox also offers wellbeing content covering a range of topics, plus access to Perkbox Medical, giving you access to an online GP.
Travel to work loan scheme: Once you have been with Certitude for 12 months, we will lend you a maximum of £3,600 for your annual season ticket to travel to work. You repay the loan by deductions from your monthly pay over 11 months.
Cycle to work (in partnership with Evans Cycles): Certitude can buy bicycles and cycling accessories and hire to colleagues tax free, usually recovered via salary sacrifice. At the end of the scheme, you will be given the opportunity to buy the bike or extend the agreement. You can also save 32-42% on a new bicycle and/or cycling accessories. You must be committed to cycling to work for more than 50% of your commuting time and have successfully completed your probation period.
Pensions and life assurance: Certitude offers membership of the Defined Contribution Scheme from the Social Housing Pension Scheme (SHPS). Membership of the SHPS pension scheme includes life assurance cover of three times your salary.
Eye care voucher: We offer eligible display screen users a free eye test at Specsavers.
Our focus on learning and development
We invest in the learning and development of all Certitude colleagues – so you can develop the skills and knowledge to do your role and broaden your horizons.
Our Learning Academy offers professional development opportunities to advance your skills, confidence and career, with access to qualifications for different roles, including apprenticeships.
We currently offer the following qualifications/apprenticeships:
- ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management Level 5
- Diploma in Care Level 2
- Diploma in Adult Care Level 3
- Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care Level 5
- Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 Apprenticeship
For managers, we have two leadership programmes that support managers at any level. We also offer up to five days paid study leave in accordance with our time away from work policy.
“Having completed a Psychology degree in Ireland I arrived in London in my very early 20s full of energy and passion and with a youthful belief that I could change the world! Little did I know that the job I would get would in fact change me, teach me so much and offer me opportunities to grow and develop as a person more than I could have ever wished.
The job was a Support Worker supporting four young women who lived together in a house in West London and who had learning disabilities. They taught me so much and we had so much fun exploring different parts of my new city – London, together!
I learned the true meaning of person-centred and got great support, training and development from my employer. That organisation was called Ealing Consortium – and 30 years later with some name changes and mergers – it’s now known as Certitude! While I have had a number of roles since both within and outside of Certitude the best career decision I ever made was to become a Support Worker!
(Aisling Duffy, Chief Executive)
Your health and wellbeing
We aim to support everyone at Certitude to create a healthy work–life balance. Our approach to health and wellbeing is about creating an environment and the resources to help everyone look after their health and wellbeing in the way that suits them best.
Annual leave: We offer enhanced levels of annual leave above statutory minimum.
Flexible working: We’re committed to helping our staff balance their work and home life and will consider a range of flexible working arrangements to support this.
Annual leave purchase scheme: After 12 months at Certitude, colleagues may purchase up to an additional five days leave within their leave year.
Employee assistance programme and occupational health: The Employee Assistance Helpline provides information, advice and counselling on a variety of personal and workplace issues, and is available to employees and their family. Occupational health provides guidance on health matters to the organisation.
Occupational Sick Pay: All permanent and fixed-term employees who have passed their probation are entitled to Occupational Sick Pay.
Occupational Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental pay: We offer Occupational Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave, and other enhanced levels of family friendly leave.