Solidarity in a Crisis
Solidarity in a Crisis (SiaC) offers peer-led support for people experiencing a mental health crisis in Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
SiaC is co-designed and co-delivered by people with lived experience of mental health or addiction support needs, and/or carers.
These Peer Supporters help prevent people from reaching crisis point and promote recovery and feelings of belonging and hope to those in distress.
Support offered includes:
- Non-judgemental emotional listening support
- Guidance towards appropriate professional support if necessary
- Support to reduce feelings of isolation and distress
- Support to promote feelings of belonging
- Signposting to relevant services, other suitable organisations and resources
Our out-of-hours crisis helpline
provides peer support
over the phone
for adults experiencing
a mental health crisis.
The helpline is open:
Monday to Friday
6pm until midnight
Saturday and Sunday
midday to midnight
Freephone: 0300 123 1922
The Community Team
Our Community Team are trained to support people in a crisis short-term and provide a safe space for people to talk about the difficulties they are experiencing.
The Community Team can offer individuals a course of three to six one-to-one sessions.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility and referral
Individuals must be referred to the Community Team by a professional (this includes GPs, key workers, IAPT services, A&E, or other organisations and charities).
Individuals must also:
- be 18 years of age or older
- live in Lambeth, Lewisham or Southwark
- need support with a mental health crisis